DENVER — November 29, 2017 — Ping Identity, the leader in Identity Defined Security, today announced new capabilities in its Ping Identity Platform to help global enterprises streamline the migration to modern IAM in today’s hybrid IT environment. Enterprises today require more flexible deployment options, higher resiliency and scalability to support the business demands of increased uptime and security. With these in mind, today’s announcement includes enhancements to PingAccess, best practice migration services from legacy solutions, and new capabilities in PingID.
- Automate and optimise cloud deployments. The latest version of PingAccess (https://www.pingidentity.com/en/platform/access-security.html) allows customers to automate deployments, auto-scale to meet fluctuating demand, and conduct zero downtime upgrades in Amazon Web Services (AWS). These out-of-the-box capabilities significantly reduce the manual effort required to deploy and configure in the cloud.
- Benefit from seamless migration services. A new set of best practice tools helps accelerate migration from legacy Web Access Management (WAM) products to Ping’s modernised access management solutions, helping secure applications, APIs and service across enterprise hybrid IT environments.
- Leverage offline authentication support. New capabilities in PingID (https://www.pingidentity.com/en/platform/multi-factor-authentication.html) provides the security and convenience of a cloud-based multi-factor authentication service, adding the reliability of offline authentication if internet connectivity is disrupted.
Automate Cloud Deployment for Large Enterprise
Today’s large enterprises need high levels of control, customisation, scale and performance when it comes to their identity security solutions. Add to this the fact that they don’t have the time or access to scarce resources to manage it all themselves. This is where global enterprises can benefit from Ping Identity’s leadership in both cloud-based Identity-as-a-Service (IDaaS) offerings and on-premises software. The company’s strength in this area is further reinforced with the new ability to cloud automate the deployment of PingAccess (https://www.pingidentity.com/en/platform/access-security.html) in Amazon Web Services.
PingAccess, which is part of the Ping Identity Platform, helps secure modern applications and APIs with a range of centralised authorisation policies and advanced session management control. Large enterprises can efficiently deploy the product into their own AWS environments. Customisable templates and scripts help automate thousands of manual steps and activities, allowing organisations to gain the following additional capabilities:
- Automated AWS deployment. Reduce PingAccess deployment times to minutes, leveraging a reference architecture that is pre-integrated and architected for scale/performance and serves as a foundation for further customisation.
- Auto-scaling. Maintain SLAs and meet unexpected demand spikes by monitoring performance thresholds to trigger the deployment of additional instances or their decommission, both lowering IT costs and eliminating the need for capacity planning and resource procurement.
- Zero downtime upgrades. Seamlessly upgrade to new versions of PingAccess without disrupting user sessions or scheduling downtime, resulting in better user experience and productivity.
- Environment Configuration and Promotion. Customise the PingAccess deployment environment for different teams, and then leverage those configurations across the software development lifecycle to support agile deployment initiatives such as DevOps.
Accelerate Adoption of Modernised Access Management
Ping Identity is also launching a set of migration tools, best practices and services designed to streamline and accelerate the migration away from legacy WAM products to PingAccess. The PingAccess Solution Accelerator helps guide IAM professionals through the process of unwinding many years of legacy WAM operational processes and integrations. This is designed to make the transition as seamless and secure as possible. Harnessing knowledge and expertise from prior enterprise migration efforts, the PingAccess Solution Accelerator captures best practices and makes them actionable for customers--so they can move to a modern access management solution, including the option to deploy to on-premises or cloud environments.
Leverage Offline Multi-Factor Authentication Support
PingID is a cloud-based service for Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) for organisations seeking to balance strong authentication with user convenience via a customisable and brandable mobile or desktop app. Enterprises require extremely high availability and reliability when it comes to authenticating and logging into their applications. PingID now offers offline MFA capabilities so that organisations can continue to enforce strong authentication, even in situations where there is a loss in internet connectivity. Whether the disruption is due to an internet provider issue, natural disaster or other scenario, the latest release of PingID helps ensure a dependable, convenient way to authenticate via a cloud-based service.
“It can be difficult for enterprises to migrate away from a legacy system that they’ve used and trusted for years,” says Loren Russon, Vice President, Products, Ping Identity. “This is where Ping Identity excels for its customers by continuously innovating to keep their businesses competitive. With these latest enhancements, we’re not only providing flexible cloud deployment options and migration tools to support that transition, but also making offline multi-factor authentication available to help ensure uptime is never disrupted.”
For more detailed information about this latest release and the Ping Identity Platform, visit www.pingidentity.com or register at: https://4.pingidentity.com/WB-2018.1.18PACloudAutoAWS_lpWebinarRegistration.html for the webinar titled “PingAccess Cloud Automation in AWS” taking place at 1 p.m. ET January 18, 2018.
About Ping Identity | The Identity Defined Security Company
Ping Identity is the leader in Identity Defined Security for the borderless enterprise, allowing the right people to access the right things, securely and seamlessly. More than half of the Fortune 100, including Boeing, Cisco, Disney, GE, Kraft Foods and Walgreens, trust Ping Identity to accelerate their move to the cloud, deliver a rich customer experience and quickly onboard partners as part of their digital transformation. Protecting over 1.3 billion identities from data centres around the globe, Ping allows employees, customers and partners the freedom to access the Cloud and on-premise applications they need with an enterprise IDaaS solution that includes multi-factor authentication, single sign-on and access security. Visit www.pingidentity.com.